Med-Hire is seeking a Mammographer!
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for
special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures;
explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms;
instructing the patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls
to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms;
preparing for next positioning and view.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and
procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary
adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed
studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance;
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
- Keeps mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
collecting and processing laundry.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and
- Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Send your resume today!