Med-Hire is seeking a RN or LPN for a Clinical Coordinator role at a busy pediatrics practice in Atlanta!
RN or LPN license in the state of Georgia required or MA II status. Pediatric experience strongly preferred. Supervisory or leadership experience preferred. Experience with EMR/Practice Management and MS Word functions preferred.
SUPERVISES: Indirect leadership of Medical Assistants, LPN’s, RN’s in conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor. Provides counseling and feedback to clinical staff.
PURPOSE: Ensure clinical support for the physicians and office to include patient care, staff education, staff training and ongoing development, laboratory and other testing and reporting activities via oversight of clinical staff and processes.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor, coordinates patient care processes in the clinical setting.
- Coordinates the work schedule and adjusts staffing as needed
- Monitors workflow and delegates direction to staff
- Participates in clinical duties as needed
- Prepares patients for MD appointment, completes post exam requests like forms or testing requisitions
- Administers diagnostic tests and procedures such as hearing, vision, immunizations
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms
- Adheres to all HIPAA and OSHA standards
- Administers vaccinations and other injections
- Ensures orientation for all new staff and documentation of skills.
- Provides ongoing staff education and documentation of training and skills. Includes group and individual learning needs and all regulatory requirements (OSHA, Lab, CPR)
- Actively engages with clinical staff in discussions about quality improvement and work flow
- Models effective customer service and interpersonal communication skills and professionalism
- Resource for patient/parent education. Ensures appropriate education materials are available and that staff is trained to provide education to parents.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA including staff training and documentation
- Oversees clinical supplies process including ordering, checking for expiration, inventories
- Work with Physicians, Clinical and Operations Supervisor and Administrator to resolve issues
- Facilitates clinical staff meetings and conduct “huddles” to prepare for patients/families, shares new information and anticipated needs
- Other responsibilities as determined
- Provides medical advice via telephone and portal messages
- Completes Prescription requests
- Possess the tact to deal effectively with patients, physicians and other employees in the practice.
- Possess the initiative and drive to take a project from its inception to a successful conclusion.
- Possess organizational, communication, delegation and time management skills.
- Possess ability to lead and motivate staff with a mindset of teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to lift 50lbs occasionally, 20lbs frequently and 10lbs constantly
- Average percentage of time during regular shift devoted to:
- Walking, Squatting, Sitting, Bending or Reaching: 75%
- Standing: 25%
Additional considerations of the Physical Demands are:
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb or forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach for (above shoulder height).
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity and our client is looking to hire ASAP! Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!