Med-Hire is seeking a motivated, medical billing specialist for a busy specialty practice in Buckhead!
The qualifying candidate will be required to follow-up on outstanding A/R with various payers and resolution of denials. The position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to insurance or patient balances, contacting insurance carriers, patients, and other facilities as needed to obtain maximum payment on outstanding accounts and identify common issues or trends which may adversely affect claims payment. Additional responsibilities may include: insurance verification, charge reconciliation, claims review, claims transmission and/or charge entry of office and/or hospital claims, and handling insurance/patient calls.
- Proven experience maintaining A/R at acceptable aging levels with prompt follow-up and action on all unpaid, denied, and/or underpaid claims including but not limited to appeals, corrected claims, and research.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT/HCPS, and ICD-10, as well as knowledge of billing and collections regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain account balances, interpret payments and adjustments.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance contract practices.
- Excellent skills in prioritizing, organizing, communicating, and staying on task.
- Standard typing capabilities to include 10-key, Word, and MS Excel.
The ideal candidate must be trustworthy and reliable; a proactive problem solver, with a positive, helpful, teamwork driven mentality. Additionally, he or she must possess an exceptional work ethic, as well as behave in a professional, mature, and respectful manner at all times. Successful candidates should be adaptable, able to work independently, within a fast-paced environment, and with a variety of personalities.
This is a full time, direct placement opportunity, NOT a temporary or temp-to-hire position. Email your resume today for IMMEDIATE consideration!
|Job Category||Certified Coder, Medical Biller|